Saturday, June 14, 2008

Why Stubborn-Delon?

Started thinking, why did I actually name my blog 'stubborn-delon'.

To be completely honest I think I named it that, due to a sheer lack of creativity. My right-side neurons were not firing, I knew I wanted to create a blog, but to name it 'stubborn-delon'... What was I thinking...?

Yes, I am stubborn, but that does not define me altogether. What else could I have called my blog? What other word could I have used to define my 'web presence'?

'Geek-Delon' perhaps - (initially my blog was going to be dedicated to technology)

Maybe something that doesn't contain my name at all - 'Empty and Alone', but that sounds too sad and kinda implies that I'm suicidal.

'Exploits of a Boy Genius' - I've always considered myself a genius, but without the extremely high IQ, kinda like 'Powder' but without the ability to summon electricity and use his other super powers.

With all these possible names however, nothing that I write ever seems to relate to my stubbornness, my boy genius ability, my geekiness or my aloness - so, this depresses me some.

I am unable to define myself - eish, know what i mean?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have asked you this question before.Thanks for "answering" it,even if it was about 7 months later.

"aloneness" is a choice

Anonymous said...

hey, being alone does not necessarily mean that you are empty or depressed. i don't think we stop finding out new things about ourselves, so being unable to define yourself is not the end of the world. it's better to not be able to define yourself, than to define yourself by the relationship you're in or the car you drive or the clothes you wear. the search for self is the hardest, but can also be the most rewarding.

Waseem said...

i think more than the stubborn-delon, I wrote what I like defines your blog. I as well am not ever-great but i think the name has stuck for now. I agree you aren't stubborn. Perhaps you should be Delon - Hero among men

bb_aisha said...

predictable, but how about undefinable delon then?
not depressing-it's more interesting. who wants to be defined-it boxes one.

que4225 said...

What an interesting blog. I have to admit that its my first time living a comment. but i do visit your blog. you have such inspiring words. you seem to know whare you headed. At such a young age you can now quote Steve Biko. Im a bit grown up myself but i only know PHOTO OF THE GUY and the famous line everyone uses "its what steve biko said". Cool work Delon, keep it up. I dig your name. Dont change it.