Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Skinny little me

I've been a member the Virgin Active gym for some time now. I've also been trying to find a sport that is appropriate for me. The possibilities currently are cycling, golf, squash or tennins. I've considered swiming, but this is not an option, due to the fact that i swim with the very same poise and gracefullness that a stingray doesn't.

What i have determined is that my physique has not changed since 1999. I have gained a kilogram or two, nothing major though. I used protein powders and various shakes. Nothing however seems to work. This i believe is hereditary. My mom is rather slender, so is my dad. I came across an article which outlines the three major standard issue physiques. Ectomorphic, lean and thin; Mesomorphic, muscular with low bodyfat & Endomorphic, normally short and stout . I'm ectomorphic - I've tried to trick my metabolism into believing I'm buff, but I have not been able to gain any mass.

Bearing all this in mind, I tried a bit of golf practice on the weekend, hitting some practice balls over the house and into the pool. It went rather nicely - with my youngest brother the ball catcher under the 6 ball torent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy you need to learn to EAT! Protein shakes are no substitute for food!
Amanda