Thursday, January 18, 2007

Writing what I like

Writeres Block
I'm puzzled. For weeks I've been suffering with writers block. Often I find myslef struggling for interesting content, for content that other people would enjoy reading. And in this writing slum, comes the constant dissapointment when I receive my weekly web stats, and see that my readership is down (honestly though, its never been above 6 views on any day) or worse - nil!

The few loyal readers I've had have asked me to change the content, to move away from talking about technology too much or things that other people don't find interesting. 'I write what I like' but then no-one will read. I write what other people want to hear about any maybe, just maybe readership will improve - let's see how that goes?

Major Annoyance
I've been receiving spam mail from across the world. From Netherlands, India, Turkey and Poland to name just a millionth. Only recently have I started trying to determine where they come from. I'm like the HAM radio folks who plot a map of the origins of people they communicate with.

Night At the Pub
Last night my buddy and I decided to do the hectic night at the pub on a weekday night thing. Oooh, it was bad! My buddy and I were going well, drinks were flowing. The last drink was a very Long Island Ice Tea - woooo weeee. It did the trick. This was the one after having had it, you realise you shouldn't have had! I went to my girlfriends place thereafter, with drunken 'expectations.' All i got was to hug the toilet bowel. Not a pretty experience.

Due to the street lights being out in every part of the city today - I'm going home now. Hopefully it will be a pleasant experience.

No comments: