Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bike Ride Alpha

Today marked my maiden bicycle ride. It was a thrilling experience, adrenaline coursed its way through my viens, perspiration collected on my back, my manhood ached as I still need to get some padded tights, an item I don't believe will add anything to my important street cred.

I don't think that I completed anything more than 5km's today. My stamina was quickly depleted, I'm now feeling lathargic as I type. The problem that I had was trying to figure out how to properly and effectively change gears for maximum efficiency. There was a point when I assume I was riding at a speedy 30km per hour - this could be wrong - I don't know.

To end, it was very exciting. My bike, my helmet, my freedom. My new hobby, sport and developing passion. Lance Armstrong yellow "Livestrong" band on my right hand, implies that I belong to a certain sect of sportsman - the cyclist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get those spedometer things that you can attach to your bike that tell you how fast you're going and how far you've gone. Are you still into the cycling? I also bought a bike last year when I got to the Cape where bicycles are an accepted mode of transport but these days it mostly just collects dust. Now I've convinced myself that I need a new bike in order to motivate myself to get back on the road!!