Monday, October 16, 2006

No Chance to Cycle Today

Day 2: I did not get an opportunity to ride today - I feel odd about it, I did however manage to buy a water bottle for my ride - which I should once again mention is a Raleigh RC 8000, Shimano Tiagra equipped.

My short term goal is to become fit, to pedal effortlessly, to ride tirelessly. My long term plans are to complete a 100km race next year (the Highveld 94.7 more correctly, which is actully 94.7km long).

In the iterim, I must become acustomed to drinking more water and reamaing hydrated. I think it's too soon to start using supplements like whey protein and the like.

Oh yes, another short term goal is to get a pair of fancy-tight cycling shorts with padding for the croch. I must say, sitting has never been such an intersting occasion - trying to redistribute my weight on alternate cheeks after even a short ride - great fun as I'm sure you can imagine! Have you seen the width of the average racing seat? If the seat were any narrower, I bet that Lance Armstrong or the Landis guy (Floyd) would have to have it surgically removed from below his tonsils!

For tonight, I dream of my girlfriend - then my bike!

Adios, Au voir, ciao and Good-bye!

No comments: