Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thinking too much

As a youth, I always thought that I thought too much. I wanted to grow up to become a thinker, a philosopher. I had great dreams of being paid vast sums of money for my opinion and my thoughts. I thought that my ideas were so extraordinary that i could become an academic. Unfortuantely for me however, I soon realised that there were people smarter than me... much smarter than me. I abandonned my dream of philosophy to persue a career in Information Technology instead. Now, as a 'normal' citizen of society, I search for fullfilment in my career. My job is rewarding, but I'm still in search for an extradordinary idea that will change the lives of the others.

Time for coffee...

3 comments:

Waseem said...

I cry the same tears my friend, I had the same dream of solving the worlds big problems.

Kerry-Anne said...

Same here... also always thought I thought too much, and that those youthful thoughts would lead to great world-changing thoughts. But you're so right - there are so many far cleverer people out there. I discovered a year ago that I was once at a Maths competition prize-giving with Mark Shuttleworth (I found the programme, and saw his name on it) - we won the same prize, just for different Standards. Now why am I not a billionaire I ask myself??? Oh yes, because I went into copywriting instead of IT... :)
Thanks for rating our blog, btw!

KerBear said...

monkeys r clever u guys r brillant, believe in ureself!!