Sunday, April 08, 2007

Night at the Drags

I went to the legal drags on Wednesday night, well, only legal to the point of it being regulated. The entire experience was awesome, the cars, the bikes, the crowds of people, donuts, drifting and racing. It's a Wednesday night gathering of cult proportion. A frenzy of people cheering and screaming for who they believe will emerge the victor or the favourite to melt his engine in the BMW donuts.

For the first time I saw with my own eyes how a guy spins a car, gets out of it and stands away from it, while it continues to spin in a precise, controlled motion, making the donut shapes on the floor as tires melt and screech as the rubber disintegrates. He then jumps back into the car through the sun-roof, into the back seat, out the rear door, then back into the drivers seat. Crowd goes wild!

It was quite an exilerating experience - even though I did not partake in any activity myself.

No comments: