Friday, July 13, 2007

People Know People

Ever noticed how when you're in need of a service, someone you know always happens to know someone who can help?

Example - I need to service my car, I tell Waseem, Waseem tells me he has an uncle named Ivan who can hook me up for half the price that the registered mechanics can do the job for. Or if I'm shopping for a TV, John tells me that he has a cousin who once worked for a shop where he still has a contact that can get cost price on said TV.

I don't know many people in the business of acquiring things - legally or otherwise. My point is just that if you ask around, you're bound to get someone who can hook with what you're looking for, for a little cheaper than at the shops.

1 comment:

KerBear said...

a collegue at my previous company asked me "Why is it that coloureds always have a contact for whatever you need" I burst out laughing, but she asked cos when i had a problem or needed to buy something or other i always had a friend that knew a friend or i called my Dad or uncles up and they also hook me up with good prices.
Not what you know but who!